The freezing arctic temperature Nyack is predicted to experience tomorrow is a real danger to both people and their pets. Exposure to extreme cold combined with windy conditions can cause
Family Friendly New Years Eve Celebration
Let's face it, once we become parents, Times Square, with its traditional midnight ball drop, might seem like "mission impossible". Fortunately, there are several good alternatives available that will help ring in the New Year without excluding the younger family members:
1. Westchester Winter Wonderland in Valhalla will be open from 5 till 9 pm. In addition to the attraction’s regular activities including rides, ice skating, circus performances and strolling characters, for the first time this year, a New Year’s Eve ball drops at 7 p.m. followed by a five-minute pyrotechnic show. Only $20 for adults, kids 3 and under FREE!
2. Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in Lyndhurst, NJ offer an exciting live dinner show with several seatings available, as early as 3.30 pm. $36 per person (use GIFT2U18 to receive a discount). It is about an hour drive from Westchester and 30-45 min from Rockland. Arrive at least an hour early to check out the Medieval museum on site and get the best seats (priority seating available for additional fee).
3. At New Roc City, kids (ages 2–10) can countdown to a thrilling 3,000 plus balloon release at noon. And the best part is activities are held during the day so little ones won’t miss bedtime. Festivities include meet and greet with New York Ranger alum Ron Greschner, face painting, arts and crafts, rides, clowns, wheel of chance, games, snacks, goody bags and raffle prizes, take place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in New Roc City’s atrium, at a Times Square type atmosphere only safer and more appropriate for younger revelers. This year’s event supports the Westchester Children’s Museum through a $10 donation per family of four when registering for the event. To participate, visit http://www.newrochelledowntown.com/, enter your email, register and download a Family Pass.
4. Hudson River Museum offers Star Shows in the planetarium along with other activities.
5. Check out your local bowling alleys. Many offer special family friendly day and evening celebration packages.
6. Boscobel's early NYE celebration includes candlelight tour, searching for gingerbread kids hidden in rooms and crafts and activities complete with noise makers, funny hats and clock countdown. Tours begin on December 26 & 28 at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., two-hour programs. General admission: $20 (adult and child), members: $10 (adult and child), each additional person $5 (adult or child). 1601 Route 9D, Garrison.
7. The annual free ball drop will take place in White Plains from 10 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31 to 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 1 at Main and Court streets. Along with the drop, there will be fireworks, music and other entertainment.
Whatever you choose to do, have fun and be safe! Wishing you and your family a Happy Healthy 2019!
Here is the list of holiday homes in Nyack with the river views.
I am a proud Nyack resident with over 10 years of experience in real estate. I developed a real passion for this industry when I got my first apartment at age 24, and since then have became the owner/....
Latest Blog Posts
Due to the winds, the demolition work that was scheduled for this Saturday morning, 1/12/19, has been postponed. The new date and time has not been selected yet. The remaining section of