The freezing arctic temperature Nyack is predicted to experience tomorrow is a real danger to both people and their pets. Exposure to extreme cold combined with windy conditions can cause
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes
With freezing temperatures upon us it is important to make sure the pipes in your home do not freeze. The following techniques might help:
1. Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
2. Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
3. When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
4. Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
5. If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Click here to see the listings of energy efficient homes for sale in Rockland.
I am a proud Nyack resident with over 10 years of experience in real estate. I developed a real passion for this industry when I got my first apartment at age 24, and since then have became the owner/....
Latest Blog Posts
Due to the winds, the demolition work that was scheduled for this Saturday morning, 1/12/19, has been postponed. The new date and time has not been selected yet. The remaining section of